Framingham Public Schools
A suburban district with a large number of ELL students, FPS engaged New Vista Design for a period of four years to train its Fuller Middle School and King K-5 STEAM School teachers in the development of STEAM units and project-based curricula.
Customized to the needs of each school we work with, New Vista’s approach to PBL and STEAM teacher training always follows a train-the-trainer model in which teacher capacity and leadership are developed along with a set of customized tools for the creation, tuning, exhibition and assessment of robust student projects.
The four-year training effort within Framingham Public Schools included:
- Initial planning and coordination with FPS leadership
- Introductory and intermediate level STEAM/PBL Workshops (see sample agendas)
- Co-creation of web-based PBL planning and assessment tools
- Creation of project materials acquisition framework
- Strategically timed meetings with PBL Leadership Team/Teachers
- Onsite teacher coaching and classroom visits
- Assistance with planning for student exhibitions
- Review of curriculum development with FPS STEAM Coordinator