Newton Country Day of the Sacred Heart
An independent, all girls, 6-12 Jesuit day-school, Newton Country Day engaged New Vista Design in an ongoing teacher training initiative to help its teachers implement student projects that connect to the school’s social-justice orientation and curriculum.
The PBL training effort at Newton Country Day School included:
- Initial planning and coordination with NCDS leadership
- Introductory and intermediate level PBL Workshops (see sample agendas)
- Adaptation of web-based PBL planning and assessment tools
- Meetings for department heads on an as needed basis
- Onsite teacher coaching on an as needed basis