top of page
Linden STEAM Academy
A K-8 “innovation school” with a focus on STEAM, LSA engaged New Vista Design for a period of five years to help them develop their STEAM curriculum, teacher capacity, and project-based learning (PBL) frameworks.
Customized to the needs of each school we work with, New Vista’s approach to PBL and STEAM teacher training always follows a train-the-trainer model in which teacher capacity and leadership are developed along with a set of customized tools for the creation, tuning, exhibition and assessment of robust student projects.
The five-year training effort at Linden STEAM Academy included:
- Initial planning and coordination with LSA leadership
- Introductory and intermediate level STEAM/PBL Workshops (see sample agendas)
- Co-creation of web-based PBL planning and assessment tools
- Creation of project materials acquisition framework
- Bi-monthly meetings with PBL Leadership Team/Teachers
- Onsite teacher coaching and classroom visits
- Assistance with planning for student presentations and exhibitions
- Coordination of curriculum with Tufts Center for Engineering Outreach
bottom of page